What a time to be alive- having a big butt is finally being appreciated!
So how do we get to the level of booty that inspires songs to be written like “Miss New Booty”, “Bubble Butt” or the classic “Baby Got Back”?
Below are a few important exercises to insure that you have a posterior people will want to rap about (think squats, squats, squats, squats).
- BACK SQUATS WITH A BARBELL. -All you need is a barbell and weights to get the nicest butt imaginable. Just make sure you squat below parallel so that you are getting the most out of your squats.
- JUMP SQUATS. A simple bodyweight movement that you can do anywhere and everywhere. Drop into a squat and as you come up out of the squat jump as high as you can. This will also be a quad burner- killing two birds with one stone!
- ONE LEGGED SQUATS. If you are a CrossFitter, you know these are also referred to as Pistols. While maintaining your balance (which is not easy) use only one leg to squat. If you need assistance since these are a more advanced exercise, hold onto something to help keep your balance as you squat.
- PULSE SQUATS. To get the most out of your squats, instead of coming all the way out of a squat, pulse and bounce between almost parallel and below parallel so that your quads and butt are engaged for longer. This will also tone both your legs and butt.
- LUNGES (WEIGHTED & UNWEIGHTED). Make sure to touch the ground lightly with your knee so that you get the most out of the movement. While these are effective with just your body weight, if you want to vamp it up a notch grab a dumbbell or back rack a barbell for some extra booty burn with weighted lunges. BUBBLE BUTT.
- ELEVATED LUNGES. Using a weight bench or even a chair, stand on one foot and place your other foot on the chair behind you so that all of your body weight is on your one leg. Like a lunge, squat with one leg until your knee gently taps the ground. This is one of the most effective exercises for a nice posterior.
- HIP RAISES. While laying down plant both feet firmly onto the ground with your back flat on the ground as well. Squeeze your butt and use those muscles to lift your hips from the ground like a bridge until you can not raise them any higher. Continue that while avoiding making eye contact with those around you.
- SQUAT JACKS. Like a jumping jack but better because you are also holding a squat! Place your hands behind your head and squat to right above parallel. Now, like a jumping jack, move your legs out wider than shoulder width then together all while maintaining a squat. You can either do this for reps or for time, either will have you feeling sore the next day.
- JUMPING LUNGES. Just like a regular lunge, but much more painful! Instead of walking lunges, jump to switch legs while you lunge. They found you Miss New Booty!
- DEADLIFTS. Not only will these help your hamstrings get stronger but they will also make your booty pop. Choose a weight that is best for you, both heavy reps and high volume lighter reps will help round out your behind.
So squat on ladies and I hope that your butt inspires the next great rap song.