Quick, easy and delicious, you will love my turkey chili. It is packed with protein and will keep you full for hours on end. I like to have it for lunch so I’m not hungry at all until dinnertime.
Cook time: About 30/35 minutes
Makes about 4 or 5 servings (depending upon how hungry you are!)
- 2 cans red kidney beans
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 large can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Chili powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Cheese (optional)
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Place a large cooking pot on the stove and turn up to a medium heat. Add a little olive oil to the bottom of the pot. Add chopped onions and let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ground turkey and keep stirring and chopping with spoon so that it breaks apart into small pieces (it may seem unconventional to cook in a pot and not a pan but it saves you having to switch over from a pan to a pot later).
- When ground turkey is no longer pink, open kidney bean cans and use strainer to drain excess liquid. Add beans to the pot. Then open and add tomatoes. Stir mixture together while adding chili powder and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Cover the mixture and let cook for about 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Remove pot from the stove, let cool and enjoy!
- You can add a little bit of cheese and green onions on top if you desire.
I like to make this recipe around dinnertime so I can eat one serving fresh then I put the rest of the chili into containers for lunch for the rest of the week. It tastes just as good when it is reheated as when it is fresh.
Let me know how it tastes if you use this recipe 🙂