It’s Monday morning and you woke up already wanting to take a nap. Work is hell and everything is going wrong. You’re two seconds away from having a mental breakdown.
We have all been in this situation where life is giving us a little more than we can handle. Instead of pulling your own hair out try something on this list of healthy alternatives.
- Adult coloring. It was therapeutic when we were kids and it still is.
- Work out. This keeps me from wanting to kill people on daily basis.
- Take your dog on a walk. Your dog gets exercise, you get exercise. Who knows, maybe your dog was having a terrible stressful day too laying down and doing nothing.
- Have a glass of wine. Take that bottle away from your face and be classy and pour yourself a small glass. Just one might make you feel a little better. A whole bottle will lead to bad decisions.
- Meditate. You may not be about the meditation life but once you try it you will realize how effective this method is for reducing stress.
- Blast Disney music and sing until your throat feels like it might bleed. This is very specific but it works people.
- Lay in a hammock. Relaxing in nature helps soothe the soul.
- Cook something. Cooking can be shockingly calming and then the best part… you get to eat what you cook!
- Take a bath. You splurge on those fancy bath bombs and light some candles. Treat yo self.
- Read a book. Get lost in a story for a little while. When you come back to reality you might have a clearer head.
Most importantly, remind yourself that stressing out does nothing to improve your situation. Do some fun things to get your mind off of the stressors in your life.