Salsa is my best friend when I am being strict with my diet. Because of that I love this recipe for a taco bowl. I don’t have exact measurements for this because I kind of took different parts from different recipes and made my own amateur recipe but I’ll guesstimate how much of each ingredient I use because this is one of my favorite things to make for lunch.
- Half an onion
- 3 Bell peppers
- 1 package ground turkey
- Jar of salsa
- 1 avocado
- Brown Rice (pre-cooked)
- Green onion (optional)
- Feta cheese (also optional)
- Get four containers and layer the bottom of the container with the pre cooked brown rice.
- Chop onions and bell peppers and throw in a frying pan on the stove. Cook them until slightly browned or whatever your preference. If you like your veggies raw then don’t cook them at all!
- Once they are cooked add ground turkey to the frying pan and break apart as it cooks. Once it is almost completely no longer pink add three big spoonfuls of salsa (about half the jar).
- When the ground turkey has been completely cooked, spoon mixture of veggies and ground turkey evenly over the 4 containers with brown rice. (Make sure to scoop all of the salsa juice out so the rice doesn’t taste bland)
- Add another small spoonful of salsa to top the ground turkey. Top with chopped green onions and feta if you prefer.
- Divide the avocado up evenly and disperse into the 4 containers. Once they cool put the containers into the fridge and you have lunch for the next four days.
Make lunchtime healthy and tasty!