Whoever coined the phrase “dog is a man’s best friend” was 100% accurate in that statement. Dogs are gods gift to us undeserving humans. They are loyal, loving, funny, protective… the list goes on and on. Which leads me into this blog post’s title: why dogs are better than humans:
- Dogs have loyalty that most humans will never have. When are you going to find a human who literally mopes around and waits for you to return to them? You won’t. But dogs do this every single day for their human.
- Dogs will never cause you pointless drama. Dogs are just happy to be with you and there is no petty arguments or misreading text messages with a dog (although I wish I could text my dog and see what he’s up to when I’m at work). All they want to do is chill, play, sleep and eat.
- All your dog wants to do is make you happy. When the purpose of your existence is to be with your human and make them happy, all your dog wants to do each and every day is please you. This is why it is so important to give positive reassurance to your dog constantly. Always tell him or her when they are a good boy or girl.
- Your dog never cancels plans on you. Want to go for a walk? Sure your dog is down. Want to go to the park? Sure your dog is ready to go now. Want to sit outside and tan? Yeah your dog is game. They are always down to do whatever. Ride or dies.
- Every single time you come home your dog is happier to see you than ever. Seriously- who else gets that hype when you come back from running out to the store for a few minutes. No one except your dog- that’s who!
- Their innocence is irreplaceable. Even children lose their innocence eventually. Dogs never do- which is why they deserve nothing but love and happiness. Your dog will never intentionally hurt you (your feelings at least, sometimes when they play they may accidentally nip your finger or step on you).
- Snuggling with a dog is much better than snuggling with a human. They are furry and snuggly and puffy and glorious for snuggling. Like a comfy, fluffy pillow.
- Your dog will never cheat on you. YOU are their human and no one else. They may play with other people sometimes and make you SUPER jealous sometimes but at the end of the day you are the only one that has their heart and they will always choose you over anyone else.
- The love of a dog is unconditional. Besides your parents (and that isn’t even always the case), your dog is the only thing in your life that will love you more than it loves itself. Sure people can say that they love you unconditionally but that is rarely ever the case. A dog will love you NO MATTER WHAT. Isn’t that crazy? No matter what you do- it doesn’t matter if you make millions of dollars every year or if you live on the street and have no home. It doesn’t matter what you look like, your ethnicity, your gender, your personality- your dog still loves you more than you will ever know.
In the wise words of Andy Rooney, “The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.”
Cherish your dog because they cherish you more than anything!
If you’re reading this, comment with pics of your dogs please- I live for puppy pics. 🙂