Sweet potatoes are an integral part of my diet. When prepared properly they can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Because of this I have a few different ways I prepare them but one of my favorites is making spicy sweet potato fries to use as a side for whatever I’m eating for lunch or dinner.
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne red pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
It takes about 35-40 minutes depending upon how crispy you like your fries!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the sweet potatoes into fries
- In a large bowl mix the sweet potato fries with olive oil until all of the fries are evenly coated with olive oil
- Spread the fries on a pan (no need to spray the pan because of the olive oil) and then evenly coat the fries with ground cumin, ground cayenne red pepper, salt and paprika
- Cook for 35 minutes if you like the fries slightly crispy. If you like them crispy then cook for 40 minutes.
- Serve on the side of your favorite dish and enjoy!