When I’m meal prepping for the week this recipe is one of my favorites to make. It only takes about 15-20 minutes and is something healthy that I ACTUALLY look forward to eating.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 2 Chicken Breasts (chopped into small cubes)
- 2 Packets of Quinoa
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Red Pepper (Chopped)
- Feta Cheese (as much as desired)
- 2 Lime- each lime cut in half
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 15oz. can of corn
- Put a frying pan on the stove on low heat. Once heated olive oil to coat pan and spread then add chopped onions and red peppers. Let cook for 5 minutes
- Once onions and peppers are starting to brown then add chopped chicken. Cook chicken until no longer pink and thoroughly cooked.
- While chicken is cooking, read directions on box of Quinoa and mix with allotted amount of water mentioned on back of Quinoa box.
- Once chicken is cooked open can of corn and drain excess liquid in can. Add corn to pan with chicken and vegetables and stir. Let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- When the water mixed with quinoa has almost completely dissolved, start to prepare your tupperware. Evenly distribute the quinoa into the bottom the 4 tupperware containers.
- After 2-3 minutes with corn added into chicken and vegetable mixture evenly distribute into the tupperware containers.
- Add Feta Cheese (if you are trying to keep these meals healthy I recommend just a sprinkle of Feta in each).
- Squeeze lime juice into each meal (should be a half a lime for each tupperware). If you so desire you can also garnish with green onions (or scallions, whichever terminology you prefer).
- Put the containers in the fridge and enjoy for the next 4 days!
If you have any recipes you like to meal prep for the week please share. More of my favorite are to come 🙂 happy eating!